Image Map

Sep 3, 2011

Blogging Tips For The. . . Blogger. . .

  :) I have had this in my head for awhile, and so if you have any tips YOU would like to share, please comment! :)




Post Often.
I dislike it when people have these AWESOME blogs, but only to find out after
I follow them, they haven't posted for four months. Try to post often so people know
they can come back to your blog with a new post ready for everyone
to read. :) 

Have a nice blog design.
Most of the blogs I am attracted to have colorful or cute blog designs. You don't 
have to pay to have cute designs! Google some ways how to make
your own header and background, or even have someone do your
blog for free! Here is Britt's blog design link: http://silverliningblogdesign.blogspot.com/
{She did my blog}

Have handy gadgets.
I love blogs who have pages, menu bars, archives, a search bar, or even just labels. 

Don't have too many gadgets.
I don't like it when people have their whole sidebar full of pictures,awards,blog buttons,
etc. Try to limit down these distracting gadgets by having a separate page for awards and buttons,
or figure out how to make them in a scrolling list. The reader gets distracted by the side bar when
there is gadgets to the end of the blog.

COMMENT AND FOLLOW!
The more you follow and comment, the more visitors/followers you get! You all know Caelen,
right? Every time I visit a doll blog, she has commented at lease once, plus followed. She has followed SO MANY blogs! All the work pays off, because now Caelen has 75+ followers!

Advertise, but don't beg.
What I mean by this is you can post "Please comment!" or "I don't get a lot of comments, so please comment!" if you still don't get comments, but don't do this; " PLEASE COMMENT! I DON'T GET ANY COMMENTS!! PLEASE???" It is very good to remind people to comment, because you might of asked a question you wanted people to answer on your last post.

Ask Questions.
I learned that if I don't have a post ending with a question, or something people can relate to, I don't get any comments, because what is there to comment about? Pizza on a post about a cat? No. :)

Respond to other people's comments!
Chances are, when you respond to another comment someone wrote, you will get ONE more visitor! Sweet! ;)

CLICK!!!
Include pictures in your posts! I noticed the blogs with the most followers are the ones with photos in almost every post. I am trying to get a camera soon, so photos WILL be added to my posts! :)

Extra Fun for Viewers
When your viewers are waiting for a new post, give them something fun to do. Put a Cbox on your sidebar, or even have a special page with links to your favorite websites. 

I hope this helped all new bloggers, and maybe even some old bloggers. If you have any more tips to add to the list, comment below and maybe your tip will be one the list! :) 

{I actually had another post planned for today, but something went wrong when I tried copy and pasting the photos, and my computer wouldn't stop loading when I clicked something, and I lost my other post. I will try to post it next week.  IT WAS SAVED IN DRAFTS! BOO YAH!! :D Also--look out for AJ's guest post tommorow! :)}

1 Amazing Comment{s}:

Priya said...Best Blogger Tips{Reply}Best Blogger Templates

Thanks! I comment and follow people's blogs, but most people don't follow me or even comment. :( These tips are really helpful. I don't have a camera so I can't take pictures that often. Here's my tip:

Extra Fun for Viewers
When your viewers are waiting for a new post, give them something fun to do. Put a Cbox on your sidebar, or even have a special page with links to your favorite websites.

From, Priya

Post a Comment

thanks for commenting! please, no nasty comments. hating isn't cool. at all.